Shrimp and Vegetable Stir-fry
with zucchini noodles / carrots / mushrooms
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 1/2 lbs
- Carrots - 8 oz, thinly sliced
- Garlic - 3 cloves, chopped
- Water - 6 Tbsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 4 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 2 tsp
- Mushrooms, shiitakes - 8 oz, chopped (look for pre-chopped)
- Zucchini - 16 oz, spiralized, sliced into noodles with a peeler
- Cilantro - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Hot sauce (opt) - for serving
- Shrimp - Defrost shrimp. Rinse and pat dry. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Carrots / Garlic - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make stir-fry sauce - Combine water, aminos, vinegar, honey and toasted sesame oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Mushrooms - Chop mushrooms (skip if using pre-chopped). (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Zucchini - Turn zucchini into 'noodles' with a spiralizer or peel off strips with a peeler.
- Cilantro - Chop cilantro.
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add first part of cooking oil and then shrimp to heated oil. Toss and saute until the outsides are golden and pink, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove and set aside (they will finish cooking in the sauce).
- Return wok to heat and add second part of cooking oil. Add carrots and saute until starting to brown in spots, 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue cooking until carrots and mushrooms are tender (add a splash of water if the pan looks too dry), 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Add garlic, shrimp and zucchini noodles to the wok and push everything to the side forming a donut in the middle. Give the sauce a stir and pour into the donut. When it starts to bubble and thicken, toss everything together. Continue tossing until shrimp is cooked through, ~1 minute more.
- Serve stir-fry with lemon juice and cilantro on top. Add some hot sauce if you like spice. Enjoy!
I doubled the sauce and it was way too salty. But that's my fault. Didn't have low salt soy sauce and 1.5 the sauce would have been better. Otherwise, super quick and tasty.0 Helpful
This was tasty! I just found that it needed extra sauce.0 Helpful
liked it a lot almost at restaurant level....0 Helpful
Husband said this one is at the top of his list. We made the 8 servings and I had to give some away since we had no room in our freezer.0 Helpful
Husband loved it. We made it with soba noodles and I didn't really love that choice.0 Helpful
Really liked the flavors in this dish. It was super easy with much of the prep done the night before.0 Helpful