Chimichurri Shrimp Saute
with zucchini / blistered tomatoes / parmesan polenta
- Cilantro - 1/3 cup , chopped
- Parsley - 1/4 cup , chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Shallots - 1 clove , chopped
- Capers - 1 Tbsp , drained and rinsed
- Vinegar, red wine - 1 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1/3 cup
Chimichurri Shrimp Saute:
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb
- Zucchini - 1 lb , cubed
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1 cup
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Chimichurri sauce (ingredients listed separately) - ~1/2 cup
Creamy Parmesan Polenta:
- Water - 2 cups
- Milk - 1 cup (sub water)
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Polenta - 1/2 cup (not instant)
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Cheese, parmesan - 1 oz , grated
- Shrimp - Defrost shrimp.
- Make chimichurri sauce - (Skip if chimichurri was made ahead for Tuesday.) Combine cilantro, parsley, garlic, shallots, capers, vinegar, lime juice, salt and oil (portions for the chimichurri). In a blender or a food processor. Add more oil if it’s too thick. Season to taste with salt or more lime juice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Zucchini / Tomatoes - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Combine water, milk and salt (portion for the polenta) in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, keeping a close eye on it because milk can easily spill over. Add polenta while whisking to prevent lumps. Reduce heat to a simmer and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until polenta becomes thick and creamy, 20 to 25 minutes.
- When polenta is nearly finished, heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add oil (portion for the shrimp) and then zucchini and tomatoes with a pinch of salt. Saute until zucchini is tender and tomatoes are blackened in spots, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add shrimp to the wok. Saute until shrimp is opaque, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove wok from heat and stir in chimichurri.
- Stir butter into finished polenta. Taste and season with some more salt if needed. Grate parmesan over top (you can leave it on top or stir it in).
- Serve chimichurri shrimp and vegetables over polenta. Enjoy!