Roasted Salmon with Lemon Herb Glaze
with quinoa / aioli / roasted vegetable sticks
A simple sweet and sour glaze infuses salmon with flavor and helps it retain moisture while cooking. This meal is as packed with flavor as it is with nutrient-rich veggies.
- Parsley - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Salmon - 1 lb
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Lemon zest - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Carrots - 8 oz, peeled and cut into sticks
- Rutabagas - 12 oz, peeled and cut into sticks (sub turnips)
- Parsnips - 12 oz, peeled and cut into sticks
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Quinoa, uncooked - 1 1/2 cups
- Stock, any type - 3 cups
- Garlic - 1 clove, chopped
- Mayonnaise - 1/4 cup
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Lemon zest - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Cook quinoa - (Makes enough for 2 nights.) Combine quinoa with stock in a saucepan. Add some salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Carrots / Rutabagas / Parsnips / Parsley - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing with prep.) Prep as directed. Combine carrots, rutabagas and parsnips. Store parsley in a separate container. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Salmon - Rinse and pat dry. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Make lemon-parsley glaze - Combine parsley with honey, lemon zest and lemon juice (portions for the salmon).
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C degrees.
- Spread rutabagas, parsnips and carrots out on a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with cumin, paprika and some salt. Toss everything to combine.
- Roast vegetables, stirring halfway through, until tender and golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- While vegetables roast, heat an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then salmon, skin-side up. Sear for 3 minutes and then flip. Drizzle lemon-parsley glaze over top and transfer to oven. Cook until salmon flakes easily with a fork, 6 to 12 minutes (depending on thickness).
- While salmon and vegetables cook, make aioli. Chop garlic and whisk with mayonnaise, mustard, lemon zest and lemon juice (portions for the aioli).
- If quinoa was made ahead, reheat in the microwave (reserve half for Thursday).
- Serve salmon over quinoa with roasted vegetables on the side. Use aioli as a topping for salmon and a dipping sauce for vegetables. Enjoy!
That garlic aioli! And the salmon! My 8 year old asked for seconds on the salmon so I'd say it was a hit. It was all really great and we'll definitely make this again. Only reason for 4 stars is the veggies were a little lacking. Will probably roast some broccoli with it next time.0 Helpful
Made the salmon, cauliflower rice and aioli. Everything was delicious! Sprinkled some fresh parsley on the rice. Aioli would be yummy on a fish sandwich too0 Helpful
And I don't even like fish0 Helpful
My salmon turned out a bit over cooked and I did the lower amount of time in the oven. Might just finish in the stove next time. Nice meal overall.0 Helpful
Best glaze for a salmon! I usually struggle with the fishy taste, but these were perfect0 Helpful
Sous-vided the salmon with the sauce. Delicious.0 Helpful