Sweet Potato and Sausage Hash
with cauliflower / mushrooms
- Sweet potatoes - 1 lb, cubed
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Mushrooms, any button - 8 oz, chopped (look for pre-chopped)
- Parsley - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Cauliflower, frozen florets - 16 oz
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Sausage, any raw variety without casings - 16 oz (breakfast sausage works well here)
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Italian seasoning - 1 tsp
- Paprika, smoked - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Hot sauce (opt) - for serving
- Sweet potatoes / Garlic - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Pre-cook potatoes - Place sweet potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with wet paper towel and microwave on high until tender, ~5 minutes. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Mushrooms / Parsley - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cauliflower - Defrost in the microwave.
- Heat a large skillet with butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms to melted butter. Saute until mushrooms are tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Add sausage and saute, breaking sausage apart, until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes more. Set aside and return pan to heat.
- Add cooking oil and then cauliflower to heated oil with some salt. Saute until cauliflower is starting to turn golden brown. Add sweet potatoes, mushrooms, sausage, garlic, Italian seasoning and paprika to pan and cook everything together for 1 minute more.
- When vegetables are tender, stir in parsley.
- Squeeze lemon juice over hash and top with hot sauce if you’d like.
Brilliant. Family favorite. Super easy.0 Helpful
Used the full package of puff pastry (17 oz instead of 10 oz), which made them a lot easier to fill sufficiently. They were pretty delicious and satisfying.0 Helpful
These did not come together easily for me. I think I have to practice with puff pasty more.0 Helpful
It was tasty but could not fit a lot of filling in and once puffed up felt like more pastry than filling.0 Helpful
Probably need a smidge more puff pastry.0 Helpful
Added sausage thanks to another reviewer's comment. Tripled amount of mushrooms. Doubled puff pastry. Tasted fantastic, but barely enough for a full meal. Loved the capers and parsley in the veggies!0 Helpful