Egg Noodles with Garlic Cream Sauce and Peas
with roasted broccoli
Toss noodles with creamy sauce, sweet peas and white beans for this cool-weather pasta. On the side, roasting broccoli with some garlic and olive oil makes it crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Noodles, egg - 6 oz (sub fusili pasta)
- Garlic - 3 cloves, chopped
- Parsley - 1 Tbsp
- Beans, cannellini or butter (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Peas, frozen or canned - 1 cup
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Flour - 3 Tbsp
- Stock, any type - 1 1/2 cups
- Heavy cream - 1/2 cup
- Lemon zest - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Broccoli florets - 16 oz
- Garlic - 4 cloves, sliced
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Noodles - (Skip if noodles were made ahead for Monday.) Cook noodles according to package directions. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Broccoli / Garlic (for both the pasta and broccoli) / Parsley - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Beans / Peas - Prep as directed. If using canned peas, drain and rinse. If using frozen peas, defrost in the microwave.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toss broccoli and garlic (portion for broccoli) in olive oil and paprika. Spread on a sheet pan. Season with some salt. Roast, shaking pan halfway through cooking, until broccoli is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- While broccoli roasts, heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add butter and swirl it in the pan until it melts. Add flour to melted butter and stir until no dry spots of flour remain. Add stock and garlic. Simmer until stock reduces by about half, 3 to 4 minutes. Add heavy cream, beans and peas and continue cooking until it forms a thick, creamy sauce. Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest and mustard. Season with some salt and pepper.
- When broccoli is tender, toss with lemon juice.
- Reheat noodles if made ahead.
- Toss sauce with noodles and serve with parsley on top. Enjoy broccoli on the side.
This was AMAZING. Also, I just used frozen meatballs which meant dinner came together in like 10-15 minutes.0 Helpful
Quick and easy and tasted great.0 Helpful
Reminds us of IKEA! But yummier.0 Helpful
I'd add more parsley to the meatballs and the sauce next time. Sauce would also be nice with some mushrooms added.0 Helpful
not sure as Swedish as for us the sauce should be brown and not with yoghurt....0 Helpful
Original: Loved the meatballs and brocoli, did not like the sauce. Even though, will make the meatballs en brocoli again, probably with a tomato based sauce I tried the paleo version with the orginal version meatballs and it is epic! Love it, went from 3 to 5 stars0 Helpful