with noodles / roasted broccoli
- Noodles, gluten-free fusili - 6 oz (sub any gluten-free noodle)
- Parsley - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Beef, ground - 1 lb
- Eggs - 1
- Panko breadcrumbs, gluten-free - 1/4 cup (sub any gluten-free breadcrumbs or almond meal)
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Nutmeg, ground (opt) - 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Flour, any gluten-free - 2 Tbsp (sub almond meal)
- Stock, beef - 1 1/2 cups
- Worcestershire sauce (opt) - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Sour cream - 1/3 cup
- Broccoli florets - 16 oz
- Garlic - 4 cloves, sliced
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Noodles - (Skip if noodles were made ahead for Monday.) Cook noodles according to package directions. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Broccoli / Garlic / Parsley - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Make meatballs - Mix beef, egg, breadcrumbs, salt, garlic powder, nutmeg, black pepper and first part of parsley. Form into 1” / 2.5cm meatballs. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toss broccoli and garlic in olive oil and paprika. Spread on a sheet pan. Season with some salt. Roast, shaking pan halfway through cooking, until broccoli is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- While broccoli roasts, heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then meatballs to heated oil. Saute, turning as they cook, until meatballs are golden brown on the outside, 5 to 6 minutes (don’t worry if they’re not cooked through yet). Transfer meatballs to a plate and return pan to heat.
- To heated pan add butter. When butter melts, add flour, whisking until no dry spots of flour remain. Pour stock over top while whisking. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and mustard.
- Reduce heat so that sauce is at a low simmer and add meatballs back to pan. Simmer meatballs in sauce, stirring gently as it cooks, until sauce is thick and meatballs are cooked through, ~6 minutes more.
- Remove pan from heat and let cool slightly. Stir sour cream into sauce and meatballs. Taste and season with some salt. Top with second part of parsley.
- When broccoli is tender, toss with lemon juice.
- Reheat noodles if made ahead.
- Serve meatballs and sauce over noodles. Enjoy with broccoli on the side.
Added onion and mushrooms. Delicious!0 Helpful
This was AMAZING. Also, I just used frozen meatballs which meant dinner came together in like 10-15 minutes.0 Helpful
Quick and easy and tasted great.0 Helpful
Reminds us of IKEA! But yummier.0 Helpful
I'd add more parsley to the meatballs and the sauce next time. Sauce would also be nice with some mushrooms added.0 Helpful
not sure as Swedish as for us the sauce should be brown and not with yoghurt....0 Helpful