Crunchy Maple-Dijon Salmon
with spinach, pear and pine nut salad
Crunchy Maple-Dijon Salmon:
- Salmon - 1 lb
- Parsley - 1 1/2 Tbsp , chopped
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 1 tsp
- Almond meal / flour - 1/2 cup
Spinach, Pear and Pine Nut Salad:
- Pine nuts - 1 oz
- Pears - 1 , sliced
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Baby spinach - 5 oz
- Pine nuts - You can leave the pine nuts raw for the salad or, if you prefer you can toast them in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently until golden, ~4 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Salmon - Divide fish up into number of servings you're making. Rinse and dry fish. Lightly salt and pepper.
- Make crust - Chop parsley. Melt butter in the microwave (~1 minute should do). Mix butter with Dijon, maple syrup, aminos, almond meal and parsley. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Pears - Slice.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C degrees.
- Line sheet pan with foil and brush with some cooking oil. Add salmon and then divide and spoon crust onto fish. Bake for 12 to 16 minutes.
- While fish is cooking, whisk together vinegar, honey, lemon juice and oil.
- When salmon is ready, toss vinaigrette with spinach, pears and pine nuts. Enjoy!