Rotisserie Chicken Shawarma Wrapswith tzatziki
Rotisserie chicken and creamy tzatziki yogurt sauce earned these wraps high marks when they were first featured in a meal plan in August 2016. A quick extra step to toast the shredded chicken in spices makes these so authentic that you'll think twice before visiting another gyro stand!
- Rotisserie chicken - 1/2, meat shredded
- Lemons - 1, wedges
- Onions, red - 1/2, sliced
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 8 oz, halved
- Lettuce, romaine - 1 heart, sliced
- Flat breads or pitas - 4
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Oregano, dried - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, red wine - 2 tsp
- Mint, fresh (opt) - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, diced
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1 cup
- Rotisserie chicken - Take meat off the bone and shred or chop. If making Thursday night’s meal, shred chicken for that night as well and set it aside. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Lemons / Red onions / Mint - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Make tzatziki - Dice cucumbers and chop garlic. Combine cucumbers, garlic, mint and yogurt. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Lettuce - Prep as directed.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C. Toast flat breads or pitas on a sheet pan for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add oil and then red onions to heated oil. Saute for ~2 minutes.
- Add chicken (remember to reserve half if you shredded meat for Thursday night ahead) with cumin, paprika and oregano. Saute for another 2 minutes, just to warm chicken up.
- Add vinegar and saute for another 30 seconds and remove from heat. Season to taste with some salt and pepper.
- Assemble wraps with chicken, tzatziki, tomatoes, lettuce and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Drizzle remainder of tzatziki over tomatoes and romaine that cannot fit into wraps and enjoy as a side salad!
So easy, and really good with the yogurt sauce.0 Helpful
Added some garlic and extra spices to the chicken - really easy and satisfying.0 Helpful
Cucumber salad was fantastic! Used grilled chicken thighs.0 Helpful
Liked it but rotisserie chicken was a bit dry. Will substitute cooking boneless chicken thighs for next time0 Helpful
Easy and super yummy!!0 Helpful
Loved this originally ,and still so great! Love how quickly it comes together.0 Helpful