Rotisserie Chicken Shawarma Wraps
- Rotisserie chicken - 1/2, meat shredded
- Lemons - 1, wedges
- Onions, red - 1/2, sliced
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 8 oz, halved
- Lettuce, romaine - 1 heart, sliced
- Flat breads or pitas - 4
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Oregano, dried - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, red wine - 2 tsp
- Mint, fresh (opt) - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, diced
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1 cup
- Rotisserie chicken - Take meat off the bone and shred or chop. If making Thursday night’s meal, shred chicken for that night as well and set it aside. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Lemons / Red onions / Mint - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Make tzatziki - Dice cucumbers and chop garlic. Combine cucumbers, garlic, mint and yogurt. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Lettuce - Prep as directed.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C. Toast flat breads or pitas on a sheet pan for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add oil and then red onions to heated oil. Saute for ~2 minutes.
- Add chicken (remember to reserve half if you shredded meat for Thursday night ahead) with cumin, paprika and oregano. Saute for another 2 minutes, just to warm chicken up.
- Add vinegar and saute for another 30 seconds and remove from heat. Season to taste with some salt and pepper.
- Assemble wraps with chicken, tzatziki, tomatoes, lettuce and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Drizzle remainder of tzatziki over tomatoes and romaine that cannot fit into wraps and enjoy as a side salad!
This was awesome. My husband was so excited about it!0 Helpful
I absolutely love meals using a rotisserie chicken-- can't be easier. This one was very enjoyable-- nothing amazing, but will definitely come back to it when I need a use for leftover rotisserie chicken. The tzaziki was particularly good as part of the sandwich.0 Helpful
I didn’t have rotisserie chicken so I grilled chicken thighs and made the meal into a salad. Cut the Naan into triangle points and man, this was a great meal!!0 Helpful
Tasty and easy to prepare.0 Helpful
Next time I will just warm the pita not toast them. Flavor was great, but I dried out the rotisserie chicken. I’ll be more careful next time. This was a nice change.0 Helpful
It didn’t have as much flavor as I hoped. I don’t think we’ll make it again.0 Helpful