Rotisserie Chicken Shawarma Wrapswith tzatziki
Rotisserie chicken and creamy tzatziki yogurt sauce earned these wraps high marks when they were first featured in a meal plan in August 2016. A quick extra step to toast the shredded chicken in spices makes these so authentic that you'll think twice before visiting another gyro stand!
- Rotisserie chicken - 1/2, meat shredded
- Lemons - 1, wedges
- Onions, red - 1/2, sliced
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 8 oz, halved
- Lettuce, romaine - 1 heart, sliced
- Flat breads or pitas - 4
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Oregano, dried - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, red wine - 2 tsp
- Mint, fresh (opt) - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, diced
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1 cup
- Rotisserie chicken - Take meat off the bone and shred or chop. If making Thursday night’s meal, shred chicken for that night as well and set it aside. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Lemons / Red onions / Mint - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Make tzatziki - Dice cucumbers and chop garlic. Combine cucumbers, garlic, mint and yogurt. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Lettuce - Prep as directed.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C. Toast flat breads or pitas on a sheet pan for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add oil and then red onions to heated oil. Saute for ~2 minutes.
- Add chicken (remember to reserve half if you shredded meat for Thursday night ahead) with cumin, paprika and oregano. Saute for another 2 minutes, just to warm chicken up.
- Add vinegar and saute for another 30 seconds and remove from heat. Season to taste with some salt and pepper.
- Assemble wraps with chicken, tzatziki, tomatoes, lettuce and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Drizzle remainder of tzatziki over tomatoes and romaine that cannot fit into wraps and enjoy as a side salad!
This meal has 32 reviews
It didn’t have as much flavor as I hoped. I don’t think we’ll make it again.
My 4-year-old said this meal was “super yummy,” and my husband and I enjoyed it as well. My nearly 3-year-old also ate a descent amount, so it’s a win for our family!
Even my kids were excited about this and it could not have been easier.
*** for Vegetarian version also
Very tasty! The tzatziki sauce was surprisingly simple and tastes just like at a restaurant. I added garlic powder instead of chopped garlic however bc I love a strong garlic flavor. The seasoning on the meat was also delicious! Everything was very easy and quick to prepare. I just added a salad on the side - it definitely needs a side dish of some sort if you make it for a dinner.