Greek Chicken Breasts
with carrot sticks / baba ganoush
Greek Chicken Breasts:
- Sun-dried tomatoes in oil - 1/2 cup , drained and chopped
- Olives, any type - 2 oz , sliced (look for pre-sliced)
- Artichokes, canned - 1 1/2 cups , drained and rinsed; chopped
- Garlic - 4 cloves , chopped
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb , sliced in half
- Spinach, frozen - 5 oz (look for pre-chopped spinach in the freezer section)
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
Carrot Sticks with Baba Ganoush:
- Carrots - 8 oz , cut into sticks for dipping
- Baba ganoush - 1 cup
- Carrots / Sun-dried tomatoes / Olives / Artichokes / Garlic - Prep as directed. Store carrot sticks in one container (soaking them in water in the fridge will help them to stay crisp). Combine sun-dried tomatoes, olives and artichokes in a second container. Store garlic in a third container. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Chicken - Slice chicken breasts in half to thin. Tenderize with a fork and season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Defrost spinach in the microwave and drain off excess water (squeeze or press the spinach to release as much moisture as possible).
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add first part of oil and then chicken. Sear chicken on both sides until cooked through, 7 to 8 minutes total. Set chicken aside and return pan to heat.
- Add second part of oil and then spinach to heated oil. Saute until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, olives, artichokes and garlic and continue cooking until garlic is fragrant and everything is heated through. Stir in lemon juice and season with some salt.
- Spoon spinach mixture over chicken. Enjoy with carrots and baba ganoush (for dipping) on the side.