with carrot sticks / dipping sauce
Greek Quesadillas with Carrot Sticks:
- Carrots - 8 oz , cut into sticks for dipping
- Sun-dried tomatoes in oil - 1/2 cup , drained and chopped
- Olives, any type - 2 oz , sliced (look for pre-sliced)
- Garlic - 4 cloves , chopped
- Spinach, frozen - 5 oz (look for pre-chopped spinach in the freezer section)
- Cheese, any shredded white blend - 8 oz
- Tortillas, gluten-free corn and taco-sized - 12
Greek Yogurt Dipping Sauce:
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1/2 cup
- Dill, fresh or dried (opt) - 1/2 tsp (sub Italian seasoning)
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon zest - 1/2 tsp
- Carrots / Sun-dried tomatoes / Olives / Garlic - Prep as directed. Store carrot sticks in one container (soaking them in water in the fridge will help them to stay crisp). Combine sun-dried tomatoes, olives and garlic in another container. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make yogurt dipping sauce - Whisk yogurt with dill, garlic powder and lemon zest. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Defrost spinach in the microwave and drain off excess water (squeeze or press the spinach to release as much moisture as possible).
- Combine spinach with sun-dried tomatoes, olives, garlic and cheese.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the pan, top it with a heaping spoonful of the spinach mixture and then another tortilla.
- When the tortilla on the bottom is golden brown and crisp, flip the quesadilla and cook on the other side until all of the cheese is melted. Continue with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Slice quesadillas into wedges and serve with carrot sticks. Dip both the quesadillas and carrots in yogurt dipping sauce. Enjoy!