Greek Quesadillaswith carrot sticks / dipping sauce
- Carrots - 8 oz, cut into sticks for dipping
- Sun-dried tomatoes in oil - 1/2 cup, drained and chopped
- Olives, any type - 2 oz, sliced (look for pre-sliced)
- Garlic - 4 cloves, chopped
- Spinach, frozen - 5 oz (look for pre-chopped spinach in the freezer section)
- Cheese, any shredded white blend - 8 oz
- Tortillas, taco-sized corn or flour - 12
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1/2 cup
- Dill, fresh or dried (opt) - 1/2 tsp (sub Italian seasoning)
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon zest - 1/2 tsp
- Carrots / Sun-dried tomatoes / Olives / Garlic - Prep as directed. Store carrot sticks in one container (soaking them in water in the fridge will help them to stay crisp). Combine sun-dried tomatoes, olives and garlic in another container. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make yogurt dipping sauce - Whisk yogurt with dill, garlic powder and lemon zest. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Defrost spinach in the microwave and drain off excess water (squeeze or press the spinach to release as much moisture as possible).
- Combine spinach with sun-dried tomatoes, olives, garlic and cheese.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the pan, top it with a heaping spoonful of the spinach mixture and then another tortilla.
- When the tortilla on the bottom is golden brown and crisp, flip the quesadilla and cook on the other side until all of the cheese is melted. Continue with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Slice quesadillas into wedges and serve with carrot sticks. Dip both the quesadillas and carrots in yogurt dipping sauce. Enjoy!
I really liked the dip, but will I use less lemon zest and more dill next time. One kid isn't a fan of olives or tomatoes, so I made one with only spinach and cheese and everyone was happy.0 Helpful
Delicious!!! Used hummus because couldn't find baba gahnoush (Cook Smarts, please include a recipe for all parts of menu to help in such cases). Also added the original menu's yogurt dip as an option.0 Helpful
I made this version of the recipe vegan (instead of doing the vegetarian version). Instead of tofu, I used tempeh. I fried the tempeh in garlic and olive oil like you would the chicken. I added garlic to the oil in the pan to cook the spinach (I used fresh). Made everything as noted.0 Helpful
I added black beans to the mix which was mandatory but made this 3 stars in my book!0 Helpful
I decided to make up the filling and yogurt sauce and stuff in pita pockets for lunches. I used a whole bag of frozen spinach, added chickpeas for protein, subed feta for the cheese, and added lemon juice, salt and peper to add more flavor. My co-workers were jealous when they saw me stuffing my pita in the lunchroom :)0 Helpful
Ran out of regular cheese so we used feta.0 Helpful