with leftover ground beef
- Olives, any type - 2 oz, sliced (look for pre-sliced)
- Tomatoes, medium - 2, chopped
- Avocados, medium - 2, cubed
- Lettuce, romaine - 8 oz, chopped
- Cooked Mexican Ground Beef (leftover from Tuesday) - ~1 lb
- Jalapenos - 1/4, chopped
- Cilantro - 2 Tbsp, leaves torn and chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, apple cider - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Honey - 1/4 tsp
- Make cilantro lime vinaigrette - (Skip if vinaigrette was made ahead on Monday.) Roughly chop jalapenos (you can skip these or use just a small amount if you prefer less spice), cilantro and garlic. Combine with olive oil, vinegar, lime juice, mustard and honey. Blend with an immersion blender. Taste and season with some salt. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Olives / Tomatoes / Avocados / Lettuce - Prep as directed.
- Lightly reheat leftover ground beef if you’d like it warm.
- Toss all salad ingredients (olives, tomatoes, avocados, lettuce and ground beef) with vinaigrette in a big bowl or set ingredients out on the table so everyone can assemble their own.
Easy meal with leftover beef. Creamy dressing was great!0 Helpful
I substituted soy grounds0 Helpful
The dressing makes this! Used rice instead of quinoa. Yummy. Loved this week of CookSmarts!0 Helpful
Good but garlic was overwhelming in the sauce.0 Helpful
The dressing was very good. I left out the mustard because I just don't like mustard in my dressing, ever. And I used soybeans instead of quinoa because that's what I had, and we don't like quinoa. I hope to make this again. Kids didn't seem to love it, but it's not all about them.0 Helpful
A little too salty...maybe olives plus salt in the mushroom spices? But overall really nice! Would add extra jalapeno next time. :)0 Helpful