with leftover ground beef
This taco salad is filling enough to be a meal and is packed with flavor and texture. Thanks to seasoned cooked beef and a vinaigrette made earlier in the week, this meal can be on the table in just a few minutes.
- Quinoa, uncooked - 3/4 cup
- Stock, any type - 1 1/2 cups
- Olives, any type - 2 oz , sliced (look for pre-sliced)
- Tomatoes, medium - 2 , chopped
- Avocados, medium - 2 , cubed
- Lettuce, romaine - 8 oz , chopped
- Cooked Mexican Ground Beef (leftover from Tuesday) - ~1 lb
- Tortilla chips - 1 cup , crushed
- Jalapenos - 1/4 , chopped
- Cilantro - 2 Tbsp , leaves torn and chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves , chopped
- Yogurt - 1/3 cup
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Honey - 1/4 tsp
Quinoa - (Skip if quinoa was made ahead.) Combine quinoa with stock and a pinch of salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat when finished to prevent burning / sticking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Make creamy cilantro lime vinaigrette - (Skip if vinaigrette was made ahead on Monday.) Roughly chop jalapenos (you can skip these or use just a small amount if you prefer less spice), cilantro and garlic. Combine with yogurt, olive oil, lime juice, mustard and honey. Blend with an immersion blender. Taste and season with some salt. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
Lightly reheat leftover ground beef if you’d like it warm.
Toss all salad ingredients (quinoa, olives, tomatoes, avocados, lettuce and ground beef) with vinaigrette in a big bowl or set ingredients out on the table so everyone can assemble their own. Crumble tortilla chips over top just before serving.