Cajun Tilapia with Blistered Cherry Tomatoes
with quinoa / creamy cilantro lime vinaigrette
- Quinoa, uncooked - 3/4 cup
- Stock, any type - 1 1/2 cups
- Limes - 1 , wedges
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1 1/2 cups , halved
- Tilapia - 4 filets (sub any white fish)
- Cajun seasoning - 4 tsp
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
Creamy Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette:
- Jalapenos - 1/4 , chopped
- Cilantro leaves - 2 Tbsp , leaves torn and chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves , chopped
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1/3 cup
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1/4 tsp
- Quinoa - Double if making Thursday’s meal. Combine quinoa with stock and a pinch of salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat when finished to prevent burning / sticking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make creamy cilantro lime vinaigrette - (Double if making Thursday's meal.) Roughly chop jalapenos (you can skip these or use just a small amount if you prefer less spice), cilantro and garlic. Combine with yogurt, olive oil, lime juice, mustard and honey. Blend with an immersion blender. Taste and season with some salt. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Limes / Tomatoes - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Tilapia - Rinse tilapia and pat dry. Season with Cajun seasoning and some salt (if salt is an ingredient in your Cajun seasoning, go easy on adding additional salt).
- Heat a large saute pan with over medium-high heat. Add butter and then tilapia to melted butter. Sear on both sides until fish is cooked through and flakes easily, 3 to 5 minutes total. Set tilapia aside and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Return pan to burner and increase to high heat. Add cooking oil and then tomatoes with a pinch of salt. Saute until tomatoes soften and start to blacken in spots, 4 to 5 minutes.
- If quinoa was made ahead, reheat in the microwave. (Remember to reserve half if doubled for Thursday.)
- Serve tilapia and tomatoes over quinoa. Drizzle vinaigrette over top and add lime wedges on the side.