Summer Paninis with Bell Peppers and Zucchini
with pineapple spears
Summer Paninis with Bell Peppers:
- Bell peppers, red - 2 , sliced
- Zucchini - 12 oz , sliced at a bias
- Butter - 4 Tbsp
- Bread, sandwich - 8 slices
- Mustard - 2 tsp
- Mayonnaise - 2 tsp
- Cheese, Swiss - 4 slices
- Pineapple, fresh - 1 lb , sliced into spears
- Heat a large grill pan or skillet with some oil over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and zucchini slices to heated oil. Cook vegetables on both sides until very tender, 5 to 7 minutes total. Season with some salt as they cook.
- While vegetables cook, spread butter on one side of all the slices of bread. Lay out half the bread buttered-side down. Top with mustard and mayonnaise, cheese, bell peppers, zucchini and remaining bread buttered-side up. Continue until all sandwiches are assembled.
- Return grill pan or skillet to stovetop over medium heat. Place sandwiches onto heated surface (as many as can fit) and press down throughout the grilling process with a spatula. (You can also place a heavy skillet or Dutch oven on top to press the sandwiches down like with a panini press!) Flip sandwiches once the first side is golden, ~ 3 to 4 minutes and continue cooking until cheese is melted.
- Slice paninis in half and serve with pineapple spears on the side. Enjoy!