Herb-Rubbed Pork Chops
with mixed greens salad
Pork chops make a classic, elegant protein for a weeknight meal. These get a quick rub of dry herbs and a finish of lemon juice which add lots of flavor with very little effort.
- Pork chops, bone-in or out - 4, trimmed
- Italian seasoning - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Bell peppers, green - 1, chopped
- Tomatoes, roma - 4, chopped
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Walnut halves / pieces - 2 oz
- Mixed greens - 5 oz
- Heat a skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush with oil and then place pork chops on heated oil. Sear on each side for ~3 minutes. For thin pork chops, this should be enough heat to cook them through. If you’re using thicker pork chops, lower heat and cover with a piece of foil until pork reaches 145F / 63C degrees.
- Set pork aside and let rest, covered for ~5 minutes. Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- While pork is resting, make salad. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together vinegar, honey and olive oil. Toss dressing with tomatoes, bell peppers, walnuts and greens.
- Serve pork with salad on the side. Enjoy!
We enjoyed this recipe and will make again. Oveeall, easy prep but did have some issues with dough sticking to wax paper on cookie sheet. Will make again.0 Helpful
This is our new favorite meal!!0 Helpful
My family loved this0 Helpful
These pork chops were delicious and easy! Favorited and will make again. Had cooked green beans already, so added some beans to them for the side salad.0 Helpful
I used bell pepper, onion, and pepperoni, and used jarred sauce. Delicious!0 Helpful
Added pepperoni, otherwise followed recipe. Delicious! Next time I'd skip the tomatoes.0 Helpful