Asian Chicken Salad with Leftover Adobo Chicken
and cucumbers / oranges / avocados
Thanks to slow cooker adobo chicken leftover from Tuesday, this meal can be on the table in minutes. Feel free to customize these salads with other toppings, but we love the crunch of cashews and cucumbers and the natural sweetness of oranges.
- Cucumbers - 8 oz , chopped
- Bell peppers, red - 1 , chopped
- Green onions - 2 stalks , green and white parts chopped and combined
- Lettuce, romaine - 8 oz , chopped
- Oranges, clementines - 6 , segments (sub canned mandarin oranges, drained and rinsed)
- Avocados - 1 , cubed
- Slow Cooker Adobo Chicken (leftover from Tuesday) - ~1 lb
- Cashews - 2 oz
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1/4 cup
Make vinaigrette - Whisk together aminos, vinegar, honey, toasted sesame oil and cooking oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Lettuce / Oranges - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
Avocados - Cube avocados.
Warm chicken if desired.
Toss vinaigrette with cucumbers, bell peppers, romaine, green onions, oranges and avocados. Top with chicken and cashews. Enjoy!