Turkey Cutlets with Cranberry Sauce
with green beans
- Turkey breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 1/2 lbs, halved (sub chicken breasts)
- Cranberries, dried - 1/2 cup
- Stock, any type - 3/4 cup
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Arrowroot powder - 2 tsp
- Water - 2 Tbsp
- Lemon zest - 1/2 tsp
- Green beans - 1 lb, trimmed
- Oil, cooking - 2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat for green beans. Add cooking oil (portion for the green beans) and then green beans to heated oil. Saute for 10 to 12 minutes, until until tender and browned in spots. Season with some salt and pepper.
- While green beans are cooking, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil (portion for the turkey) and then turkey to heated oil. Sear on both sides until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. (If the turkey won't easily fit in the pan without overlapping, sear it in batches.) Set turkey aside and cover to keep warm. Return pan to heat.
- Pour cranberry sauce into heated pan and bring to a simmer. Whisk together arrowroot powder and water and add to sauce. Simmer until sauce thickens, 2 to 3 minutes. Taste sauce and season with some salt and / or some more honey.
- Add turkey back into pan and spoon sauce over top. Continue cooking until turkey is cooked all the way through. Season sauce with some salt and pepper. Stir in lemon zest.
- When green beans are finished cooking, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and mustard. Toss with green beans and season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve turkey with sauce spooned over top and green beans on the side. Enjoy!
So simple and delicious!0 Helpful
Interesting but good sandwich! Probably couldn't eat it often, but flavors worked well.0 Helpful
Made the regular version for myself and loved it. Hubby had the veggie version with raspberry jam instead of cranberry sauce and said it was just ok.0 Helpful
Don't usually like mushrooms, but I liked the cooking method for the sandwiches0 Helpful
One of my favorite recipes on here.0 Helpful
Also great with other seasonal jams - blueberry in the summer!0 Helpful