Turkey, Brie and Cranberry Melts
with green beans
Just for fun we wanted to throw these Thanksgiving-inspired flavors together at a completely unexpected time of year. There's something about turkey and cranberry sauce that seems a little mischievous (in a good way!) when the holidays are still months away.
Turkey, Brie, and Cranberry Melts:
- Butter - 4 Tbsp
- Sandwich bread - 8 slices (sourdough preferred)
- Cheese, brie - 8 oz
- Turkey, deli-sliced - 10 oz
- Cranberry sauce - 1/2 cup (sub cranberry or raspberry jam)
Lemony Green Beans:
- Green beans - 1 lb , trimmed
- Oil, cooking - 2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Lemon zest - 1/2 tsp
- Green beans - Trim green beans. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat for green beans. Add cooking oil and then green beans to heated oil. Saute for 10 to 12 minutes, until tender and browned in spots. Season with some salt and pepper.
- While green beans are cooking, spread butter on one side of each piece of bread. Lay out the half the bread slices buttered-side down. Top with brie (if the brie is too firm to spread with a knife, cut it into slices), then with turkey and cranberry sauce. Finish with remaining slices of bread, buttered-side up.
- Heat up a griddle or a skillet over medium heat. Place sandwiches onto heated surface (as many as can fit) and press down throughout the grilling process with a spatula. Flip once the first side is golden, ~ 3 to 4 minutes. Move sandwiches onto cooling rack and keep warm until you're ready to eat.
- When green beans are finished cooking, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and lemon zest. Toss with green beans and season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve sandwiches with green beans on the side. Enjoy!