Turkey, Brie and Cranberry Melts
with green beans
- Butter - 4 Tbsp
- Sandwich bread - 8 slices (sourdough preferred)
- Cheese, brie - 8 oz
- Turkey, deli-sliced - 10 oz
- Cranberry sauce - 1/2 cup (sub cranberry or raspberry jam)
- Green beans - 1 lb, trimmed
- Oil, cooking - 2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Lemon zest - 1/2 tsp
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat for green beans. Add cooking oil and then green beans to heated oil. Saute for 10 to 12 minutes, until tender and browned in spots. Season with some salt and pepper.
- While green beans are cooking, spread butter on one side of each piece of bread. Lay out the half the bread slices buttered-side down. Top with brie (if the brie is too firm to spread with a knife, cut it into slices), then with turkey and cranberry sauce. Finish with remaining slices of bread, buttered-side up.
- Heat up a griddle or a skillet over medium heat. Place sandwiches onto heated surface (as many as can fit) and press down throughout the grilling process with a spatula. Flip once the first side is golden, ~ 3 to 4 minutes. Move sandwiches onto cooling rack and keep warm until you're ready to eat.
- When green beans are finished cooking, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and lemon zest. Toss with green beans and season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve sandwiches with green beans on the side. Enjoy!
Instead of thickening the sauce and cooking the turkey on the stovetop, I simmered the cranberries, honey, and lemon with the stock until the berries started to plump then poured it over the salt and pepper seasoned turkey (berries and all!) in a baking dish. Covered with foil and baked at 350 for 40 minutes. It was the best turkey we've ever had!0 Helpful
My youngest child is our pickiest eater and he rated this meal a 9.5 and just LOVED it! YUM0 Helpful
So simple and delicious!0 Helpful
Interesting but good sandwich! Probably couldn't eat it often, but flavors worked well.0 Helpful
Made the regular version for myself and loved it. Hubby had the veggie version with raspberry jam instead of cranberry sauce and said it was just ok.0 Helpful
Don't usually like mushrooms, but I liked the cooking method for the sandwiches0 Helpful