Turkey, Brie and Cranberry Melts
with green beans
Just for fun we wanted to throw these Thanksgiving-inspired flavors together at a completely unexpected time of year. There's something about turkey and cranberry sauce that seems a little mischievous (in a good way!) when the holidays are still months away.
- Butter - 4 Tbsp
- Sandwich bread - 8 slices (sourdough preferred)
- Cheese, brie - 8 oz
- Turkey, deli-sliced - 10 oz
- Cranberry sauce - 1/2 cup (sub cranberry or raspberry jam)
- Green beans - 1 lb, trimmed
- Oil, cooking - 2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Lemon zest - 1/2 tsp
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat for green beans. Add cooking oil and then green beans to heated oil. Saute for 10 to 12 minutes, until tender and browned in spots. Season with some salt and pepper.
- While green beans are cooking, spread butter on one side of each piece of bread. Lay out the half the bread slices buttered-side down. Top with brie (if the brie is too firm to spread with a knife, cut it into slices), then with turkey and cranberry sauce. Finish with remaining slices of bread, buttered-side up.
- Heat up a griddle or a skillet over medium heat. Place sandwiches onto heated surface (as many as can fit) and press down throughout the grilling process with a spatula. Flip once the first side is golden, ~ 3 to 4 minutes. Move sandwiches onto cooling rack and keep warm until you're ready to eat.
- When green beans are finished cooking, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and lemon zest. Toss with green beans and season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve sandwiches with green beans on the side. Enjoy!
So simple and delicious!0 Helpful
Interesting but good sandwich! Probably couldn't eat it often, but flavors worked well.0 Helpful
Made the regular version for myself and loved it. Hubby had the veggie version with raspberry jam instead of cranberry sauce and said it was just ok.0 Helpful
Don't usually like mushrooms, but I liked the cooking method for the sandwiches0 Helpful
One of my favorite recipes on here.0 Helpful
Also great with other seasonal jams - blueberry in the summer!0 Helpful