Thai Stir-Fried Pork and Asparagus
with fried egg
- Shallots - 3 cloves, chopped
- Lemongrass - 3 stalks, chopped (sub 1 tsp lemongrass paste / stalk)
- Ginger, fresh - 2 tsp
- Limes - 1, wedges
- Asparagus - 16 oz, chopped into 1/2" / 1.3cm pieces (sub green beans)
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 1 Tbsp
- Red pepper flakes (opt) - 1/2 tsp
- Pork, ground - 1 lb
- Basil, Thai - 12 leaves, chiffonade (sub Italian basil)
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Eggs - 4
- Hot sauce (opt) - for serving
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add first part of oil and then asparagus to heated oil. Saute until asparagus is nearly tender, 3 to 6 minutes (depending on thickness). Set aside and return wok to heat.
- Add seasoned pork to wok and cook, stirring frequently, until pork is cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Pour off any excess liquid.
- While pork is cooking, heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add second part of oil and then crack eggs into heated oil. Fry eggs to desired done-ness (cook on one side for sunny-side up or flip and cook on both sides).
- When pork is finished, stir in basil and squeeze half the lime wedges over top. Taste and season with some salt.
- Serve pork and asparagus with an egg on top. Use lime wedges and some extra aminos and / or hot sauce to season individual plates at the table. Enjoy!
Added extra garlic and soy sauce based on the reviews. Delicious. And quick! Loved it.0 Helpful
Had to tweak the recipe to add more flavor, and it was still pretty underwhelming.0 Helpful
Amazing, added 1 clove garlic and extra soy sauce. Added a splash of fish sauce to the meat, and didn’t do the egg0 Helpful
My entire family loved this meal. I didn't make the fried egg for my six year old and he still loved it. I don't the egg is necessary if you'd like to skip a step.0 Helpful
Would add more seasoning to tofu0 Helpful
Would double the flavor for the tofu crumble, but otherwise, this was excellent (used green beans instead of asparagus)0 Helpful