Marinated Tofu Mezze Wraps
with celery and carrot sticks
For this fun dinner we've taken the components of a Mediterranean Mezze Platter and combined them into these wraps filled with marinated tofu, vegetables and hummus. Feel free to just set all the components out so everyone can assemble the meal however they'd like!
Marinated Tofu Mezze Wraps:
- Parsley - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp , chopped
- Tofu, extra firm (vacuum packed preferable) - 16 oz , 1/2" / 1.3cm cubes
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Oregano, dried - 1 tsp
- Salt - 3/4 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Tomatoes, medium - 1 , chopped
- Onions, medium red - 1/4 , chopped
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1/2 tsp
- Wraps, large - 4 (any type like tortillas, flatbread or naan)
- Hummus - 4 oz
Vegetable Sticks and Hummus:
- Celery - 2 stalks , sliced into strips for dipping
- Carrots - 8 oz , sliced into strips for dipping
- Hummus - 4 oz
- Parsley - Chop parsley. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Celery / Carrots - Slice into strips for dipping. If not using right away, soak in cold water in the fridge (this will help them stay crisp). (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Marinate tofu - Tofu - If tofu is packaged in water, press out liquid first, like in this video. Then slice into 0.5” / 1.25 cm thick cubes. Mix tofu with olive oil (portion for the tofu), the first portion of parsley, dried oregano, salt, garlic powder and black pepper. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Tomatoes / Onions - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Toss tomatoes, onions and second part of parsley in vinegar. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu (including marinade) and saute until tofu is starting to turn golden brown and is warmed through, 5 to 6 minutes.
- While meatballs cook, heat wraps in the microwave until warm but still soft.
- To assemble wraps, spread one side with hummus (the portion for the wraps). Top with tofu and tomatoes. Enjoy vegetable sticks and remaining hummus on the side.