with baba ganoush / tomato salad / veg sticks
- Parsley - 1 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp , chopped
- Celery - 2 stalks , sliced into strips for dipping
- Carrots - 8 oz , sliced into strips for dipping
- Tomatoes, medium - 2 , chopped
- Onions, medium red - 1/4 , chopped
- Pork, ground - 1 lb (sub any ground meat)
- Eggs - 1
- Oregano, dried - 1 tsp
- Salt - 3/4 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Stock, any type - 1/2 cup
- Baba ganoush - 6 oz + 6 oz
- Parsley - Chop parsley. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Celery / Carrots - Slice into strips for dipping. If not using right away, soak in cold water in the fridge (this will help them stay crisp). (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Onions - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Make meatballs - Mix the first portion of parsley with ground pork, eggs, dried oregano, salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Form into 1” (2.5 cm) wide meatballs. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Toss tomatoes, onions and second part of parsley in vinegar. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then meatballs to heated oil. Sear on both sides for 3 minutes each.
- Lower heat to medium, and add stock. Cover pan with lid or foil and cook for another 4 to 6 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through.
- Divide first part of baba ganoush between serving plates. Place meatballs on top. Serve vegetable sticks and tomatoes on the side. Use remaining half of baba ganoush for dipping vegetable sticks.