Meatball Mezze Wraps
with celery and carrot sticks
- Parsley - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, chopped
- Onions, medium red - 1/4, chopped
- Pork, ground - 1 lb (sub any ground meat)
- Eggs - 1
- Panko breadcrumbs - 1/4 cup
- Oregano, dried - 1 tsp
- Salt - 3/4 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Stock, any type - 1/2 cup
- Wraps, large - 4 (any type like tortillas, flatbread or naan)
- Hummus - 4 oz
- Celery - 2 stalks, sliced into strips for dipping
- Carrots - 8 oz, sliced into strips for dipping
- Hummus - 4 oz
- Parsley - Chop parsley. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Celery / Carrots - Slice into strips for dipping. If not using right away, soak in cold water in the fridge (this will help them stay crisp). (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Onions - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Make meatballs - Mix the first portion of parsley with ground pork, eggs, panko, dried oregano, salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Form into 1” (2.5 cm) wide meatballs. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Toss tomatoes, onions and second part of parsley in vinegar. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then meatballs to heated oil. Sear on both sides for 3 minutes each.
- Lower heat to medium, and add stock. Cover pan with lid or foil and cook for another 4 to 6 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through.
- While meatballs cook, heat wraps in the microwave until warm but still soft.
- When meatballs are done, slice in half.
- To assemble wraps, spread one side with hummus (the portion for the wraps). Top with meatballs and tomatoes. Enjoy vegetable sticks and remaining hummus on the side.
I baked the meatballs at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Came together easily with very little effort👨🍳1 Helpful
The kids gobbled up all the meatballs really fast! Unfortunately they left me with way too many veggies leftover.0 Helpful
Loved this and it froze well...0 Helpful
Hubby loved this. Used ground turkey instead of pork and oat bran instead of bread crumbs, gluten free wraps, and added some feta. Some leftovers went on a salad for lunch. The meatballs were neutral enough that the other leftovers may end up over spaghetti and sauce!0 Helpful
This was really really easy and super delicious!0 Helpful
Pleasantly surprised. Easy and tasty.0 Helpful
Had rice instead of pita and added tzatziki sauce. Delicious meatballs!!0 Helpful