Meatball Mezze Wrapswith celery and carrot sticks
For this fun dinner we've taken the components of a Mediterranean Mezze Platter and combined them into these wraps filled with meatballs, vegetables and hummus. Feel free to just set all the components out so everyone can assemble the meal however they'd like!
- Parsley - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, chopped
- Onions, medium red - 1/4, chopped
- Pork, ground - 1 lb (sub any ground meat)
- Eggs - 1
- Panko breadcrumbs - 1/4 cup
- Oregano, dried - 1 tsp
- Salt - 3/4 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Stock, any type - 1/2 cup
- Wraps, large - 4 (any type like tortillas, flatbread or naan)
- Hummus - 4 oz
- Celery - 2 stalks, sliced into strips for dipping
- Carrots - 8 oz, sliced into strips for dipping
- Hummus - 4 oz
- Parsley - Chop parsley. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Celery / Carrots - Slice into strips for dipping. If not using right away, soak in cold water in the fridge (this will help them stay crisp). (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Onions - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Make meatballs - Mix the first portion of parsley with ground pork, eggs, panko, dried oregano, salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Form into 1” (2.5 cm) wide meatballs. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Toss tomatoes, onions and second part of parsley in vinegar. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then meatballs to heated oil. Sear on both sides for 3 minutes each.
- Lower heat to medium, and add stock. Cover pan with lid or foil and cook for another 4 to 6 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through.
- While meatballs cook, heat wraps in the microwave until warm but still soft.
- When meatballs are done, slice in half.
- To assemble wraps, spread one side with hummus (the portion for the wraps). Top with meatballs and tomatoes. Enjoy vegetable sticks and remaining hummus on the side.
This meal has 36 reviews
Loved this and it froze well...
Hubby loved this. Used ground turkey instead of pork and oat bran instead of bread crumbs, gluten free wraps, and added some feta. Some leftovers went on a salad for lunch. The meatballs were neutral enough that the other leftovers may end up over spaghetti and sauce!
This was really really easy and super delicious!
Pleasantly surprised. Easy and tasty.
Had rice instead of pita and added tzatziki sauce. Delicious meatballs!!
Easy tasty meal. My picky 5 year old liked the meatballs!