Cajun Quinoa and Soyrizo Saute
with corn / zucchini / quinoa
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1/3 cup
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Paprika, smoked - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon zest - 1/2 tsp
- Quinoa, uncooked - 1 cup
- Stock, any type - 2 cups
- Bell peppers, any color - 1/2 chopped
- Onions, red - 1/2 , chopped
- Zucchini - 12 oz, chopped
- Green onions - 1 stalk, chopped, green and white parts combined
- Beans, black (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Corn kernels, fresh or frozen - 1 cup
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Soyrizo - 16 oz
- Vinegar, sherry - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Quinoa - (Skip if quinoa was made ahead for Tuesday.) Combine quinoa with stock and a pinch of salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat when finished to prevent burning / sticking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make yogurt sauce - Whisk together yogurt, honey, paprika and lemon zest. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Bell peppers / Onions - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Zucchini / Green onions - Prep as directed. Store zucchini in one container. Combine green and white parts of green onions in another container. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Beans and corn - Combine beans and corn in a colander and run under warm water to rinse beans and defrost corn.
- Heat a large wok or nonstick pan with oil over medium-high heat. Add soyrizo and saute until broken into small pieces and starting to brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add zucchini, bell peppers and onions and continue to saute until vegetables are tender, ~4 minutes more. Add vinegar and saute for 1 minute.
- Stir in black beans and corn. Add quinoa and continue cooking until quinoa is warm.
- Remove from heat and season with some salt and pepper.
- Top quinoa with lemon juice and green onions. Enjoy with sauce over top.
quick and easy. I used less soyrizo and quinoa. make sure to season well at the end.0 Helpful
So quick and easy! Loved the flavors, skipped the zucchini since I didn’t have it on hand, quinoa was great without. Used coconut yogurt for the sauce, at first I thought it was going to be too sweet, but it was perfect. Definitely adding this to regular rotation.0 Helpful
Made the quinoa in a rice cooker. Didn't have sherry vinegar, so I used rice vinegar.0 Helpful
Very good and so easy! I had chopped the veggies ahead of time, so it came together very quickly-this would be great as a weeknight meal. Once everything was cooked, I tossed the chicken and sauce all together with it. Made the whole dish very flavorful.0 Helpful
It was more quinoa than we could eat.0 Helpful