with squash saute / salsa / quacamole
- Shallots - 1 clove, chopped
- Jalapenos - 1/2, chopped
- Cilantro - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Avocados - 2, mashed
- Lime juice - 1 tsp
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb, chopped
- Cajun seasoning - 2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Salsa, for serving - 1/4 cup (use your favorite store-bought)
- Bell peppers, any color - 1/2 chopped
- Onions, red - 1/2, chopped
- Squash, any type - 1 lb, cubed (like zucchini or summer squash)
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, sherry - 1 tsp
- Chicken breasts - Chop chicken. Tenderize with a fork and then season with Cajun seasoning. (Note: if your Cajun seasoning mix does not contain salt, add some salt). (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Bell peppers / Onions / Shallots / Jalapenos - Prep as directed. Store bell peppers and onions in one container. Combine shallots and jalapenos. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Squash - Cube squash. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Guacamole - Chop cilantro. Mash avocados and combine with shallots, jalapenos and cilantro. Season with lime juice and some salt and pepper.
- Heat a large wok or nonstick pan with oil (the portion for the chicken) over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Set chicken aside and cover with foil to keep warm. Return pan to heat.
- To heated pan, add oil (the portion for the squash) and then squash and vinegar. Saute squash until tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add bell peppers and onions and continue to saute until onions are tender, ~4 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken with guacamole and salsa. Enjoy with squash on the side.
quick and easy. I used less soyrizo and quinoa. make sure to season well at the end.0 Helpful
So quick and easy! Loved the flavors, skipped the zucchini since I didn’t have it on hand, quinoa was great without. Used coconut yogurt for the sauce, at first I thought it was going to be too sweet, but it was perfect. Definitely adding this to regular rotation.0 Helpful
Made the quinoa in a rice cooker. Didn't have sherry vinegar, so I used rice vinegar.0 Helpful
Very good and so easy! I had chopped the veggies ahead of time, so it came together very quickly-this would be great as a weeknight meal. Once everything was cooked, I tossed the chicken and sauce all together with it. Made the whole dish very flavorful.0 Helpful
It was more quinoa than we could eat.0 Helpful