Pulled Pork Pizza with Pineapple and Jalapenos
and romaine salad
- Pizza dough, gluten-free - 1 lb
- Flour, any gluten-free - 2 Tbsp
- Cheese, mozzarella, shredded - 5 oz , thinly sliced if using fresh
- Green onions - 1 stalk , chopped, green and white parts combined
- Pineapple, diced - 2 oz
- Jalapenos - 1 , sliced
- Tomato sauce - 1 cup
- Pulled pork (leftover from Monday) - ~1 cup
- Red pepper flakes (opt) - for serving
- Lettuce, romaine - 8 oz , chopped
- Cucumbers - 8 oz , chopped
- Vinegar, apple cider - 2 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
Pizza dough - Cover in flour and let rest for at least 30 minutes outside of fridge before rolling out.
Cheese / Green onions / Pineapple / Jalapenos - Prep as directed. Store green and white parts of green onions together and all other ingredients separately. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
Romaine / Cucumbers - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
Heat oven to 425F / 218C degrees and position top rack so it’s at the very top.
Bake dough on top rack for 3 minutes without toppings to let it crisp up.
Spread the tomato sauce over dough, cover in cheese, and then sprinkle on green onions (green and white parts), leftover pulled pork, pineapple (portion for the pizza) and jalapenos.
Bake pizza on the top rack for 8 to 11 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
While pizza is baking, whisk together vinegar, honey, mustard and oil. Toss with lettuce and cucumbers right before serving.
Slice pizza and top with red pepper flakes if you’d like. Enjoy with salad on the side!