Pulled Pork Pizza with Pineapple and Jalapenos
and romaine salad
- Pizza dough - 1 lb
- Flour - 2 Tbsp
- Cheese, mozzarella, shredded - 5 oz, thinly sliced if using fresh
- Green onions - 1 stalk, chopped, green and white parts combined
- Pineapple, diced - 2 oz
- Jalapenos - 1, sliced
- Tomato sauce - 1 cup
- Pulled pork (leftover from Monday) - ~1 cup
- Red pepper flakes (opt) - for serving
- Lettuce, romaine - 8 oz, chopped
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, chopped
- Vinegar, apple cider - 2 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Pizza dough - Cover in flour and let rest for at least 30 minutes outside of fridge before rolling out. (Resting dough gives gluten time to chill out, which makes the dough much more pliable.)
- Cheese / Green onions / Pineapple / Jalapenos - Prep as directed. Store green and white parts of green onions together and all other ingredients separately. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Romaine / Cucumbers - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C degrees and position top rack so it’s at the very top.
- Brush or spray a sheet pan with some oil. Using hands, stretch out pizza dough to cover sheet pan. Brush dough with some oil.
- Bake dough on top rack for 3 minutes without toppings to let it crisp up.
- Spread the tomato sauce over dough, cover in cheese, and then sprinkle on green onions (green and white parts), leftover pulled pork, pineapple (portion for the pizza) and jalapenos.
- Bake pizza on the top rack for 8 to 11 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
- While pizza is baking, whisk together vinegar, honey, mustard and oil. Toss with lettuce and cucumbers right before serving.
- Slice pizza and top with red pepper flakes if you’d like. Enjoy with salad on the side!
I used BBQ sauce but otherwise made as written.0 Helpful
We used pre-made pizza dough to save time, so that could have been an issue. However, the tomato sauce mixed with the other flavors just didn't work. Next time, we'll try using barbecue sauce instead to complement the flavors that are already in the pulled pork.0 Helpful
We've made this pizza before but it is so good. We had a guest over this time on the night that we made it and he also loved it. Winner!0 Helpful
Used pre-made thin crust, added red onion and made sure to de-seed the jalapeno and dice it small to cut the spice. I'd consider using a white sauce next time so we can top it with BBQ sauce. Yum!0 Helpful
We really enjoyed this. I baked the jalapeno to take some of the heat out.0 Helpful
We spiced up the sauce a bit with BBQ sauce and made homemade crust. Pineapple and jalapeño were great.0 Helpful