Tofu and Green Curry Noodles
with broccoli and zucchini
I love noodles, and I love them even more when they're coated in a curry soup, perfect for slurping. Healthy broccoli and zucchini round out this meal for a well-balanced dinner. For noodles, use your favorite Asian noodle (or even Italian pasta).
- Broccoli - 3/4 lb, chopped
- Zucchini - 2, chopped
- Tofu - 1 lb, cubed
- Pad Thai or udon noodles - 8 oz
- Coconut milk - 1 cup
- Green curry paste - 2 Tbsp
- Vegetable broth - 6 cups
- Fish sauce - 3 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Lime - 1/2, juice of
- Hot sauce - for serving
- Cilantro - a few sprigs
- Prep noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Pour in coconut milk and whisk in curry paste. Add in broth, fish sauce, brown sugar, tofu, and broccoli. Mix everything together, cover and bring to a boil.
- Next add in zucchini, and cook uncovered for another 2 to 3 minutes. Turn heat off and add lime juice. Season to taste with more fish sauce (if it not's salty enough), sugar (if you want it sweeter), curry paste (if it needs more herbaceous notes), hot sauce (for heat), or lime juice (for more brightness). This is where you get to have fun, experiment, and trust your taste. The curry should taste like how you want it to taste.
- Divide noodles into 4 bowls. Ladle curry over noodles. Top with cilantro and enjoy warm!
Can use with any leftover veggies! I also added ginger, saracha and lime. perfect0 Helpful
Mine turned out pretty watery and bland :(0 Helpful
Husband loved it, I liked it. Nice flavour.0 Helpful
We added a little thai hot sauce to the soup which really brought out the coconut milk. Yummy and healthy! I think I'll add some ginger next time.0 Helpful
This dish was amazing - very flavorful! My only deviations included adding fresh garlic, jalapeno, and ginger. Can't wait to make this again!0 Helpful
This was a really nice dish that was outside the scope of what I would normally cook. I liked the suggestions that you made on what to add in order to season to taste. I added a bit extra curry paste. Kids loved the tofu and one of them loved the broccoli (which was predictable). It was a bit too spicy for one kid but the rest of us liked the flavor. I used the pad thai noodles, which everyone enjoyed.0 Helpful