Leftover Chicken Gyro Salad
with lemon dill dressing
With flavorful chicken leftover from earlier in the week, these dinner salads don't require any cooking and come together super fast. A tart, fresh lemon dill dressing gives the salads a great boost of Greek-inspired flavor.
Chicken Gyro Salad:
- Eggs - 4
- Onions, medium red - 1/2 , thinly sliced
- Carrots - 8 oz , thinly sliced
- Tomatoes, medium - 1 , chopped
- Lettuce, romaine - 2 hearts , chopped
- Olives, any pitted (5 oz / 142 g) - 1 can , drained and rinsed (look for pre-sliced to save time)
- Marinated chicken (leftover from Tuesday) - ~1 1/4 lbs
Lemon Dill Dressing:
- Dill, fresh - 1/2 tsp , chopped (sub dried)
- Oregano, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic, powder - 1/2 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 4 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 1/2 tsp
- Boil eggs - Cover eggs with cold water in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and then turn off heat. Put a lid on the pan and let eggs sit in hot water for 11 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make lemon dill dressing - Chop dill. Combine dill, oregano, garlic powder, vinegar, olive oil and lemon juice. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Onions / Carrots - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Lettuce - Prep as directed.
- Olives - Drain and rinse olives. (Chop into slices if not already sliced.)
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Slice leftover chicken and warm in the microwave or in a skillet with some oil.
- Peel eggs and slice into wedges.
- Assemble salad by forming a bed of lettuce and topping it with onions, carrots, tomatoes, chicken, olives and eggs. Top salads with lemon dill dressing at the table. Enjoy!