Caprese Wrapswith fruit salad
When the Cook Smarts team gets together to plan summer meals, we have to resist the temptation to include Caprese Salad nearly every week. We just can’t get enough of the Italian combination of mozzarella, tomatoes and basil. In this version we are featuring the “salad” in a wrap with a creamy dressing and coleslaw mix for crunch.
- Basil - 3 leaves
- Green onions - 1 stalk, green and white parts chopped and combined
- Miso paste, any color - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 4 Tbsp
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 2 Tbsp
- Mayonnaise - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Cheese, fresh mozzarella - 5 oz, sliced
- Tomatoes, medium - 2, sliced
- Basil - 12 leaves, leaves torn
- Flatbreads, large - 4 (pita, tortillas or wraps will work here)
- Creamy herb dressing (ingredients listed separately) - ~1/2 cup
- Coleslaw mix - 5 oz
- Watermelon cubes - 2 cups (look for pre-cubed to save time)
- Berries, any type - 2 cups (or use a combination)
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Lime juice - 1 tsp
- Make creamy herb dressing - (Skip if dressing was made ahead on Tuesday.) Chop basil (portion for the dressing) and green onions. Combine basil, green and white parts of green onions, miso, oil, yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice and honey (portion for the dressing) in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until smooth, adding a splash of water if the dressing is too thick to blend easily. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Cheese / Tomatoes / Basil (portion for the wraps) - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Watermelon / Berries - Slice watermelon into cubes (if not pre-cubed). If using berries that need to be sliced, like strawberries, slice.
- Toss watermelon and berries to combine. Top with a squeeze of lime juice and a drizzle of honey (the portion for the fruit salad).
- Assemble wraps by filling flatbreads dressed coleslaw mix, cheese, tomatoes and basil leaves. Enjoy with fruit salad on the side.
- Stir creamy herb dressing into coleslaw mix until evenly combined.
I appreciated how quick and easy this was for nights where I don't have as much time.0 Helpful
No as filling as other meals0 Helpful
Needs to be served over something: cauliflower?0 Helpful
Not quite enough food for dinner, but was tasty.0 Helpful
I really wanted to like this, but it just doesn't come together very well. It's definitely not the sum of its parts.0 Helpful
We ended up grilling these because our gf wraps seemed a little bit dry. They were really good. I added a piece of ham for my husband. The kids loved them- I didn't love the dressing.0 Helpful