Rotisserie Chicken Cobb Salad
with creamy basil dressing
It’s hard to beat the mix of flavors, colors and textures in a classic cobb salad. To keep you out of the kitchen and enjoying the warm weather, this version uses a shortcut of rotisserie chicken.
Smarts: Both the rotisserie chicken and creamy herb dressing in tonight’s meal will be used again later in the week, so shred extra chicken and make double the dressing for tonight’s meal to save time.
- Eggs - 4
- Rotisserie chicken - 1/2, meat shredded
- Cheese, fresh mozzarella - 4 oz, cubed
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 10 oz, halved
- Lettuce, romaine - 8 oz, chopped
- Avocados - 1, cubed
- Basil - 3 leaves
- Green onions - 1 stalk, green and white parts chopped and combined
- Miso paste, any color - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 4 Tbsp
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 2 Tbsp
- Mayonnaise - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Boil eggs - Cover eggs with cold water and some salt. Bring to a boil and then turn off heat. Let eggs sit in hot water for 11 minutes and then run in cold water for easier peeling. Roll egg against a hard, flat surface to break up shell, and then peel. If making ahead of time, peel right before serving. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make creamy herb dressing - Double if making Thursday’s meal. Chop basil and green onions. Combine basil, green and white parts of green onions, miso, oil, yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice and honey in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until smooth, adding a splash of water if the dressing is too thick to blend easily. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Rotisserie chicken - Take meat off the bone and slice with a knife. If making Wednesday night’s meal, shred chicken for that night as well and set it aside. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cheese / Tomatoes / Lettuce - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Cube avocados and chop eggs.
- Form a bed of romaine lettuce and layer all other ingredients on top - chicken, avocados, eggs, cheese and tomatoes. Let everyone dress their own salad (remember to save half the dressing if doubled for Thursday). Enjoy!
Great dressing! I had to go traditional and use blue cheese instead of mozzarella.0 Helpful
Dressing was good0 Helpful
Loved the dressing!!0 Helpful
Mmmm that dressing is amazing!0 Helpful
We roasted our own chicken and I forgot the hard boiled eggs, but overall, the dressing was a big hit, as well as the veggie combo. I also added corn and black beans for color and for my kiddos to have more things I knew they'd like.0 Helpful
All great ingredients - can't go wrong. The herb dressing was really nice as well - not too loaded.0 Helpful