Thai Red Curry Pork Lettuce Cups
with green smoothie
These lettuce cups are proof that recipes don’t need to be complicated to be packed with flavor. The spice of ground pork simmered in a coconut curry sauce is balanced by crisp, cooling lettuce leaves. These are messy but fun to eat!
Red Curry Pork Lettuce Cups:
- Coconut milk, light - 1/3 cup
- Red curry paste - 1 Tbsp (sub green or yellow)
- Tamari - 3 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 2 tsp
- Basil - 4 leaves , chiffonade
- Lettuce, romaine - 12 leaves (sub green leaf or iceberg)
- Limes - 1 , wedges
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Pork, ground - 1 1/2 lbs
- Cornstarch - 1 Tbsp
- Water - 2 Tbsp
- Peanuts - 2 oz
- Hot sauce of choice - for serving
- Peaches, frozen or fresh - 12 oz , roughly chopped
- Ginger (opt) - 1 tsp , grated
- Spinach, baby - 3 oz
- Lime juice - 1/2 tsp
- Ice - 1/2 cup
- Coconut milk, light - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Make stir-fry sauce - Whisk together coconut milk (the portion for the pork), curry paste, Tamari and brown sugar. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Basil / Lettuce / Limes - Prep as directed.
- Make green smoothie - If using fresh peaches, chop into large pieces. Grate ginger. Combine peaches, ginger, spinach, lime juice, ice, coconut milk (the portion for the smoothie) and water in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add some more water, if needed to help the smoothie blend more easily. Taste and add some honey (not in ingredients list) if you’d like it a bit more sweet.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add oil and then pork to heated oil. Saute until pork is just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Whisk together cornstarch and water.
- Pour stir-fry sauce and cornstarch / water mixture over pork. Continue cooking until sauce has thickened, ~2 minutes more. Remove from heat and stir in basil.
- Set everything out on the table so that everyone can assemble their lettuce cups by filling lettuce leaves with pork and peanuts. Finish lettuce cups by topping them with a squeeze of lime juice and some hot sauce (if you’d like).
- Enjoy lettuce cups with smoothies on the side.