Shrimp and Avocado Salad
with lemon dill dressing
- Dill, fresh - 1 tsp, chopped
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, diced
- Lettuce, romaine - 2 hearts, chopped
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Red pepper flakes (opt) - 1/4 tsp
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, diced
- Avocados - 1, diced
- Walnut pieces - 2 oz
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Shrimp - Defrost, rinse and pat dry.
- Make vinaigrette - Chop dill. Whisk together dill, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard and honey. Add olive oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cucumbers / Lettuce - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Shrimp - Toss shrimp with paprika, cumin, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Tomatoes / Avocados - Prep as directed.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add walnuts and saute until toasted and fragrant, ~3 minutes. Set aside and return skillet to heat.
- Add cooking oil and then shrimp. Saute until shrimp is opaque and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Form a bed of romaine lettuce and layer all other ingredients on top - shrimp, avocados, cucumbers, tomatoes and walnuts. Let everyone dress their own salad. Enjoy!
Great for a casual weeknight meal0 Helpful
So simple and so so good. Used a nice loaf of white rye bread.0 Helpful
I can eat your shrimp salads every week!0 Helpful
Super easy and quick to make!0 Helpful
Loved the quick meal! We had salad made so opted for that.0 Helpful
Perfect for our fasting days and on super warm evenings!0 Helpful