Avocado and Tomato Toast
with romaine salad with feta and chickpeas
Avocado toast is a perfect no-cook summer meal, especially when topped with fresh, ripe tomatoes. You'll need only to turn on your stove for a couple minutes to make golden spiced chickpeas that add a touch of warmth and flavor to the salad served on the side.
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, sliced
- Avocados - 2
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
- Bread, sandwich - 4 slices
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, diced
- Lettuce, romaine - 2 hearts, chopped
- Beans, garbanzo (14 oz / 387 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Red pepper flakes (opt) - 1/4 tsp
- Sugar - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cheese, feta - 3 oz
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together vinegar, mustard and honey. Add olive oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cucumbers / Lettuce - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Beans - Drain and rinse beans. Toss with paprika, cumin, salt, red pepper flakes (if using) and sugar. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Tomatoes - Slice tomatoes.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add cooking oil and then beans. Saute until beans are warmed through and golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Mash avocados with lemon juice and season with some salt and pepper.
- Toast bread. Spread mashed avocado on top of toast. Top with tomatoes and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Toss cucumbers, lettuce, beans and cheese with vinaigrette.
- Serve avocado / tomato toast with salad on the side. Enjoy!
Great for a casual weeknight meal0 Helpful
So simple and so so good. Used a nice loaf of white rye bread.0 Helpful
I can eat your shrimp salads every week!0 Helpful
Super easy and quick to make!0 Helpful
Loved the quick meal! We had salad made so opted for that.0 Helpful
Perfect for our fasting days and on super warm evenings!0 Helpful