Squash and Asparagus Frittata
with balsamic arugula salad
- Squash, any variety - 1 lb, cubed (like zucchini or yellow squash)
- Asparagus - 1/2 lb, ½” / 1.3cm pieces
- Eggs - 6
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Arugula - 4 oz
- Walnut pieces - 1 oz
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C degrees.
- Heat a 9” to 10” (22.5 cm to 25 cm) skillet over medium heat. Add cooking oil and then squash and asparagus with a pinch of salt. Saute until vegetables are tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour in egg mixture. Stir until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a knife comes out cleanly.
- When frittata is nearly finished cooking, whisk together vinegar and mustard. Add olive oil while whisking. Toss arugula and walnuts in dressing right before serving.
- Slice frittata and serve with salad on the side. Enjoy!
Came together easily and loved all the flavor0 Helpful
It was really good !! Should have added a bit more salt probably but otherwise, a great meal ! And not that heavy feeling of the usual heavy cream carbonara. Here, it still feels like a light meal and i actually love the lemon zest in the recipe !0 Helpful
Too easy and good flavors! This will stay on the menu for a quick go to dinner.0 Helpful
I had a dinner party over this recipe and it got rave reviews0 Helpful
It was good. I didn't drain the bacon grease at all, and I don't regret it. I think I got the sauce right. But I think a big portion of my sauce was bacon grease. This was a very filling meal. I sprinkled some chopped green onion on top. This was not a great idea. Won't do that again.0 Helpful
Followed the recipe exactly but the sauce didn't turn out creamy. It still tasted alright but the pasta was quite dry.0 Helpful