Udon Stir-Fry with Ground Turkey
Udon Stir-Fry with Ground Turkey:
- Broccoli florets - 12 oz
- Shallots - 2 cloves , diced
- Bell peppers, any color - 1 , diced
- Stock, any type - 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar - 1 Tbsp
- Oyster sauce - 3 Tbsp (look for this in the international aisle; sub soy sauce)
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 tsp
- Udon noodles, fresh or frozen - 12 oz (sub spaghetti)
- Turkey, ground - 1 lb
- Garlic powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander, ground - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Red pepper flakes (opt) - 1/4 tsp
- Limes - 1 , wedges
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cornstarch - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Water - 3 Tbsp
- Broccoli / Shallots / Bell peppers - Prep as directed. Store in separate containers. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Pre-cook broccoli - Place broccoli in microwave-safe dish. Cover broccoli with a damp paper towel, and steam on high until tender, 2 ½ to 3 minutes.
- Make stir-fry sauce - Combine stock, brown sugar, oyster sauce, soy sauce and vinegar. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Noodles - Cook according to package instructions. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Season turkey - Combine turkey with garlic powder, coriander, salt and red pepper flakes (if using). (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Limes - Slice limes into wedges.
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add oil and then shallots and turkey. Saute, breaking turkey apart as it cooks, until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli and bell peppers and saute for 1 minute more.
- Whisk cornstarch into water.
- Pour stir-fry sauce and cornstarch / water mixture over turkey and stir to combine. Simmer until sauce thickens, ~2 minutes.
- Add noodles and stir to coat noodles in sauce.
- Divide stir-fry between bowls. Serve with lime wedges on the side and some extra red pepper flakes or hot sauce if you’d like. Enjoy!