Soyrizo and Sweet Potato Frittata
with orange and mixed greens salad
Soyrizo and Sweet Potato Frittata:
- Sweet potatoes - 1 lb , 1/2" / 1.3cm cubes
- Eggs - 8
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Soyrizo - 8 oz
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1/4 cup
Orange and Mixed Greens Salad:
- Shallots - 1 clove , diced
- Vinegar, sherry - 1 1/2 Tbsp (sub red wine vinegar)
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Oranges, medium - 2 , segments
- Mixed greens - 5 oz
- Almonds, shaved or slivered - 1 oz
- Sweet potatoes - Chop into ½” / 1.3cm cubes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Dice shallots and place into a bowl. Whisk together vinegar, oil and honey. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Eggs - Whisk eggs with salt and black pepper.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes into a microwave-safe dish or bowl. Cover with wet paper towel and microwave until tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Heat a 9” to 10” (22.5 cm to 25 cm) skillet over medium heat. Add cooking oil and then soyrizo to heated oil. Saute, breaking it apart with a spoon, until it begins to brown on the bottom of the pan.
- Add sweet potatoes on top and stir to combine. Pour in the egg mixture. Stir until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a knife comes out cleanly.
- When frittata is nearly finished cooking, segment oranges. Toss vinaigrette with greens, oranges and sliced almonds.
- Serve frittata with yogurt for spooning over top. Enjoy with salad on the side.