Cajun Mushroom Po’ Boy
with chips / pickles
- Mushrooms, any button - 16 oz, quartered
- Lettuce, romaine - 1 heart, leaves torn (sub green leaf lettuce)
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, thinly sliced
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cajun seasoning - 2 tsp
- Sandwich buns - 4 (sub hotdog buns)
- Pickles, sliced or whole, for serving (opt) - 6 oz
- Chips, for serving - 4 cups
- Mayonnaise - 6 Tbsp
- Cajun seasoning - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1/2 tsp
- Pickle juice (opt) - 1/2 tsp (from a jar of pickles)
- Hot sauce of choice (opt) - 1/2 tsp
- Make creamy Cajun sauce - Combine mayonnaise, Cajun seasoning (the portion for the sauce), garlic powder, mustard, pickle juice and hot sauce. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Mushrooms - Slice mushrooms into quarters. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Tomatoes - Prep as directed.
- Heat a skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add oil and then mushrooms and saute until mushrooms are golden brown on the outside, 4 to 5 minutes. Add Cajun seasoning (portion for the mushrooms) and some salt and saute for 1 minute more.
- Toast sandwich buns.
- Assemble sandwiches by brushing the insides of the rolls with half of the Creamy Cajun Sauce. Add lettuce, tomatoes, and then mushrooms. Drizzle remaining sauce over top.
- Serve sandwiches with pickles and chips on the side. Enjoy!
It was delicious. Just not very filling.0 Helpful
One of my favorite, easy, delicious go-to’s. Love!!0 Helpful
So good! And prep/ cooking is super fast, too! We love the blend of flavors!0 Helpful
Was good. Need to make sure and get peeled and deveined shrimp next time. Didn't add pickle juice to the Mayo. Maybe next time.0 Helpful
Didn't quite have a full pound of shrimp, so it wasn't really enough for 4 servings. Delicious though!0 Helpful
me: Yum; SO: nogo0 Helpful