Cajun Shrimp Salad
with carrots / walnuts
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb
- Cajun seasoning - 1 Tbsp
- Carrots - 8 oz, diced
- Lettuce, romaine - 3 hearts, shredded (sub green leaf lettuce)
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, diced
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Walnut halves - 1/3 cup
- Cajun seasoning - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Hot sauce of choice (opt) - 1/2 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Shrimp - Defrost, rinse, and dry. Combine with Cajun seasoning (the portion for the shrimp) and some salt and pepper.
- Carrots - Chop carrots into bite-sized pieces. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make Cajun dressing - Whisk together Cajun seasoning (the portion for the dressing), mustard, honey, hot sauce (if using), vinegar and olive oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Tomatoes - Prep as directed.
- Heat a skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add oil and then shrimp. Saute until shrimp is opaque and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes (depending on their size).
- Assemble salads by forming a bed of lettuce. Top with carrots, tomatoes, shrimp, and walnuts. Toss with dressing just before serving. Enjoy!
It was delicious. Just not very filling.0 Helpful
One of my favorite, easy, delicious go-to’s. Love!!0 Helpful
So good! And prep/ cooking is super fast, too! We love the blend of flavors!0 Helpful
Was good. Need to make sure and get peeled and deveined shrimp next time. Didn't add pickle juice to the Mayo. Maybe next time.0 Helpful
Didn't quite have a full pound of shrimp, so it wasn't really enough for 4 servings. Delicious though!0 Helpful
me: Yum; SO: nogo0 Helpful