Sweet and Spicy Tilapia
with Asian slaw / strawberry kiwi smoothie
- Tilapia - 1 lb, chopped into bite-sized pieces (sub any white fish)
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Garlic powder - 3/4 tsp
- Red pepper flakes - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cilantro - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Oil, toasted sesame - 2 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 tsp
- Lime juice - 1 tsp
- Coleslaw mix - 5 oz (sub shredded cabbage)
- Kiwis - 4, peeled
- Strawberries, frozen - 3 cups (sub fresh)
- Coconut milk - 1/2 cup
- Marinate fish - Rinse and pat dry. Whisk together aminos, toasted sesame oil (the portion for the fish), honey, garlic powder and red pepper flakes. Pour over fish and marinate for 20 minutes and up to a day. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Make slaw - Chop cilantro. Whisk together toasted sesame oil and honey (the portions for the slaw), vinegar and lime juice. Add cilantro and slaw mix and toss to combine. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C degrees.
- Brush a baking dish with cooking oil (or spray with nonstick cooking spray). Add fish (discard marinade) and season lightly with some salt and pepper. Cook until fish is flaky and cooked through, 9 to 11 minutes.
- While fish cooks, peel kiwis. Combine kiwis, strawberries, coconut milk and water in blender. If using fresh strawberries, add some ice. Blend until smooth.
- Taste slaw and season to taste with some salt and pepper.
- Serve fish over slaw with smoothies on the side. Enjoy!
Used Dover sole instead of tilapia, the fish was soooo good. The slaw was okay, and the smoothie delicious. Next time, I would add more red pepper, but otherwise I liked it a lot.0 Helpful
This Ian the bet thing I’ve ever eaten. The smoothies were an odd partner but were welcomed with an open mouth.0 Helpful
If I had 1/2 an extra star, I'd give it 2.5. It was good - but wouldn't say we liked it a lot.0 Helpful
The sauce was really sweet, but I liked it.0 Helpful
Got requests for the recipe from my friends on this one!0 Helpful
Enjoyed every bite! My husband used cilantro/lime marinated chicken and that worked beautifully too. Want to serve this to friends!0 Helpful