Sweet and Spicy Tilapia
with Asian slaw / strawberry kiwi smoothie
- Tilapia - 1 lb , chopped into bite-sized pieces (sub any white fish)
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Garlic powder - 3/4 tsp
- Red pepper flakes - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cilantro - 1/4 cup , chopped
- Oil, toasted sesame - 2 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 tsp
- Lime juice - 1 tsp
- Coleslaw mix - 5 oz (sub shredded cabbage)
- Kiwis - 4 , peeled
- Strawberries, frozen - 3 cups (sub fresh)
- Coconut milk - 1/2 cup
Marinate fish - Rinse and pat dry. Whisk together aminos, toasted sesame oil (the portion for the fish), honey, garlic powder and red pepper flakes. Pour over fish and marinate for 20 minutes and up to a day. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
Make slaw - Chop cilantro. Whisk together toasted sesame oil and honey (the portions for the slaw), vinegar and lime juice. Add cilantro and slaw mix and toss to combine. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Heat oven to 400F / 204C degrees.
Brush a baking dish with cooking oil (or spray with nonstick cooking spray). Add fish (discard marinade) and season lightly with some salt and pepper. Cook until fish is flaky and cooked through, 9 to 11 minutes.
While fish cooks, peel kiwis. Combine kiwis, strawberries, coconut milk and water in blender. If using fresh strawberries, add some ice. Blend until smooth.
Taste slaw and season to taste with some salt and pepper.
Serve fish over slaw with smoothies on the side. Enjoy!