Asian Fish Tacos
with Sriracha mayo / strawberry kiwi smoothie
- Tilapia - 1 lb, chopped into bite-sized pieces (sub any white fish)
- Tamari - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 Tbsp
- Garlic powder - 3/4 tsp
- Mayonnaise - 1/2 cup
- Sriracha - 1 tsp (sub hot sauce of choice)
- Lime juice - 1 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Tortillas, taco-sized gluten-free corn - 8
- Asian slaw (ingredients listed separately) - 2 cups
- Cilantro - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Oil, toasted sesame - 2 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 tsp
- Lime juice - 1 tsp
- Coleslaw mix - 5 oz (sub shredded cabbage)
- Kiwis - 4, peeled
- Strawberries, frozen - 3 cups (sub fresh)
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1 cup
- Water - 1/2 cup (sub milk or juice)
- Marinate fish - Rinse and pat dry. Whisk together Tamari, toasted sesame oil (the portion for the fish) and garlic powder. Pour over fish and marinate for 20 minutes and up to a day. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Make Sriracha mayo - Combine mayonnaise, Sriracha and lime juice (portion for the tacos). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make slaw - Chop cilantro. Whisk together toasted sesame oil (the portion for the slaw), sugar, vinegar and lime juice (the portion for the slaw). Add cilantro and slaw mix and toss to combine. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C degrees.
- Brush a baking dish with cooking oil (or spray with nonstick cooking spray). Add fish (discard marinade) and season lightly with some salt and pepper. Cook until fish is flaky and cooked through, 9 to 11 minutes.
- While fish cooks, peel kiwis. Combine kiwis, strawberries, yogurt and water in blender. If using fresh strawberries, add some ice. Blend until smooth.
- Warm tortillas according to package instructions.
- Taste slaw and season to taste with some salt and pepper.
- Assemble tacos with slaw, fish and Sriracha mayo on top. Enjoy with smoothies on the side.
Used Dover sole instead of tilapia, the fish was soooo good. The slaw was okay, and the smoothie delicious. Next time, I would add more red pepper, but otherwise I liked it a lot.0 Helpful
This Ian the bet thing I’ve ever eaten. The smoothies were an odd partner but were welcomed with an open mouth.0 Helpful
If I had 1/2 an extra star, I'd give it 2.5. It was good - but wouldn't say we liked it a lot.0 Helpful
The sauce was really sweet, but I liked it.0 Helpful
Got requests for the recipe from my friends on this one!0 Helpful
Enjoyed every bite! My husband used cilantro/lime marinated chicken and that worked beautifully too. Want to serve this to friends!0 Helpful