Asian Fish Tacos
with Sriracha mayo / strawberry kiwi smoothie
Asian Fish Tacos have made the favorites lists of many of our members since they were featured in October 2014. The original includes a step to bread the fish, so we’ve taken some shortcuts here to bring you all the great flavors in less time.
- Tilapia - 1 lb , chopped into bite-sized pieces (sub any white fish)
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 Tbsp
- Garlic powder - 3/4 tsp
- Mayonnaise - 1/2 cup
- Sriracha - 1 tsp (sub hot sauce of choice)
- Lime juice - 1 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Tortillas, taco-sized corn or flour - 8
- Asian slaw (ingredients listed separately) - 2 cups
- Cilantro - 1/4 cup , chopped
- Oil, toasted sesame - 2 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 tsp
- Lime juice - 1 tsp
- Coleslaw mix - 5 oz (sub shredded cabbage)
- Kiwis - 4 , peeled
- Strawberries, frozen - 3 cups (sub fresh)
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1 cup
- Water - 1/2 cup (sub milk or juice)
Marinate fish - Rinse fish and pat dry. Chop fish into bite-sized pieces. Whisk together soy sauce, toasted sesame oil (the portion for the fish) and garlic powder. Pour over fish and marinate for 20 minutes and up to a day. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
Make Sriracha mayo - Combine mayonnaise, Sriracha and lime juice (portion for the tacos). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Make slaw - Chop cilantro. Whisk together toasted sesame oil (the portion for the slaw), sugar, vinegar and lime juice (the portion for the slaw). Add cilantro and slaw mix and toss to combine. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Heat oven to 400F / 204C degrees.
Brush a baking dish with cooking oil (or spray with nonstick cooking spray). Add fish (discard marinade) and season lightly with some salt and pepper. Cook until fish is flaky and cooked through, 9 to 11 minutes.
While fish cooks, peel kiwis. Combine kiwis, strawberries, yogurt and water in blender. If using fresh strawberries, add some ice. Blend until smooth.
Warm tortillas according to package instructions.
Taste slaw and season to taste with some salt and pepper.
Assemble tacos with slaw, fish and Sriracha mayo on top. Enjoy with smoothies on the side.