Summer Cobb Salad
with creamy herb dressing
- Garlic - 1 clove, peeled
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 4 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 4 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Cilantro leaves - 3 Tbsp
- Eggs - 4
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 10 oz, halved
- Corn kernels, fresh off the cob or frozen - 1 1/2 cups
- Lettuce, romaine - 8 oz, chopped
- Beans, garbanzo (14 oz / 387 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Avocados - 1, cubed
- Cheese, feta - 4 oz, crumbled
- Creamy herb dressing (ingredients listed separately) - 2/3 cup
- Make hardboiled eggs - Cover eggs with cold water and some salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then turn off heat. Let eggs sit in hot water for 11 minutes and then run in cold water for easier peeling. Roll egg against a hard, flat surface to break up shell, and then peel. If making ahead of time, peel right before serving. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make creamy herb dressing - (Skip if dressing was made ahead on Tuesday.) Peel garlic. Combine garlic, yogurt, oil, lemon juice and cilantro leaves and blend until smooth using an immersion blender or food processor. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Corn (if using fresh) / Romaine - Prep as directed. Tomatoes and corn can be stored together. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Beans - Drain and rinse beans.
- Corn (if using frozen) - Defrost corn in the microwave.
- Cube avocados and chop eggs.
- Form a bed of lettuce and layer all other ingredients on top - beans, tomatoes, corn, avocados, eggs and crumbled feta.
- Serve salad with dressing on the side so everyone can dress their own. Enjoy!
took 45 minutes to make. try a different dressing.0 Helpful
needs a different dressing0 Helpful
Must make again!!!!0 Helpful
Really didn't like the dressing.0 Helpful
I used ham and added some bleu cheese crumbles. We also added lots of extra garlic to the dressing (because we like it). It was a really refreshing summer meal.0 Helpful
The star of the pot luck!0 Helpful