Summer Deli Cobb Salad
with creamy herb dressing
Deli meat isn't just for sandwiches - it also makes an easy shortcut protein for salads. This twist on a classic Cobb Salad that we first featured in August 2016 is fast, filling and delicious.
- Garlic - 1 clove , peeled
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 4 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 4 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Cilantro leaves - 3 Tbsp
- Eggs - 4
- Deli meat - 3/4 lb , chopped (like roast turkey or ham)
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 10 oz , halved
- Corn kernels, fresh off the cob or frozen - 1 1/2 cups
- Lettuce, romaine - 8 oz , chopped
- Avocados - 2 , cubed
- Creamy herb dressing (ingredients listed separately) - 2/3 cup
Make hardboiled eggs - Cover eggs with cold water and some salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then turn off heat. Let eggs sit in hot water for 11 minutes and then run in cold water for easier peeling. Roll egg against a hard, flat surface to break up shell, and then peel. If making ahead of time, peel right before serving. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Make creamy herb dressing - (Skip if dressing was made ahead on Tuesday.) Peel garlic. Combine garlic, yogurt, oil, lemon juice and cilantro leaves and blend until smooth using an immersion blender or food processor. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
Corn (if using frozen) - Defrost corn in the microwave.
Cube avocados and chop eggs.
Form a bed of lettuce and layer all other ingredients on top - deli meat, tomatoes, corn, avocados and eggs.
Serve salad with dressing on the side so everyone can dress their own. Enjoy!