Lemon-Herb Marinated Chicken
with prosciutto-wrapped melon
Smarts: In addition to using the dressing in two ways tonight, you can double the recipe to use on cobb salad later this week.
- Tahini herb dressing (ingredients listed separately) - 1/3 cup + 1/3 cup
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb, halved
- Tomatoes, heirloom preferable - 1/2 lb, diced
- Mixed greens - 4 oz
- Garlic - 1 clove, peeled
- Tahini - 2 Tbsp (sub cashew or almond butter)
- Oil, cooking - 4 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Cilantro leaves - 3 Tbsp
- Cantaloupe - 8 slices (sub any melon; look for pre-sliced to save time)
- Prosciutto, thinly sliced - 8 slices
- Make tahini herb dressing - Double if making Wednesday's dinner. Peel garlic. Combine garlic, tahini, oil, lemon juice and cilantro leaves and blend until smooth using an immersion blender or food processor. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Marinate chicken - If you doubled dressing for tomorrow's salad, reserve half. Divide tonight's portion into two parts - half for a marinade and half for a dressing. Slice chicken breasts in half to thin. Combine chicken with the portion of the dressing for the marinade and tenderize with a fork. Marinate chicken for at least 20 minutes and up to a day. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Tomatoes - Dice tomatoes.
- If using a grill: Heat grill to to 400F / 204C degrees. Clean grates and brush with some oil. Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade) and place over heat. Season with some salt and black pepper as the chicken cooks. Sear for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- If using the stovetop: Place a grill pan or skillet over medium heat. Brush pan with some oil and sear chicken (discard marinade) on both sides until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes total. Season with some salt and black pepper as the chicken cooks.
- While chicken cooks, peel and slice melon. Wrap each melon slice in a slice of prosciutto (no need to be precise - you just want them to be eaten together).
- Toss tomatoes and greens in the remaining tahini herb dressing for tonight (just until dressed to your liking.)
- When chicken is finished cooking, serve it over a bed of dressed greens / tomatoes. Enjoy with melon and prosciutto on the side.
Love this marinade!0 Helpful
I don't like the melon and the burgers were fine, but neither one of us liked it enough that I'll make it again.0 Helpful
Chicken sandwich was great! I can do without the prosciutto on the melon.0 Helpful
The marinade makes the chicken tender and juicy. I served the melon alongside but without the prosciutto.0 Helpful
Chicken was very good. Some ate this as a sandwich and some ate chicken only, but everyone loved it. Used the dressing in place of mayo or mustard on sandwiches. We had a watermelon on hand and had that, but I'd love to try the melon some time.0 Helpful
I altered this meal which actually made it three stars but as written, it needed a protein! I roasted the veggies instead and also roasted up some tofu to add to the sandwich which helped big time. Didn't love this.0 Helpful