Deli Cobb Saladwith creamy yogurt dressing
I love hearty salads during the summer, and one shortcut I love to use is to take advantage of deli meat. It's a quick and easy way to add some protein to an easy dinner.
- Eggs - 4
- Deli meat - 1 lb, chopped ((your choice - I like turkey))
- Cherry tomatoes - 2/3 pint, halve
- Corn - 3 cobs, kernels shaved off
- Romaine hearts - 2, chopped
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1/4 cup
- Olive oil - 1/3 cup
- Lemon juice - 1/3 cup
- Garlic - 1 clove, peeled
- Cilantro - 1/4 bunch
- Avocado, small - 2, cubed
- Make hardboiled eggs - Cover eggs with cold water and some salt. Bring to a boil and then turn off heat. Let eggs sit in hot water for 11 minutes and then run in cold water for easier peeling. Roll egg against a hard, flat surfact to break up shell, and then peel. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Deli meat / Tomatoes / Corn / Romaine - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make dressing - Blend yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and cilantro in a blender or using an immersion blender. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cube avocado and chop eggs.
- Form a bed of romaine lettuce and layer all other ingredients on top. Let everyone dress their own salad.
This meal has 6 reviews
Very good. I take issue with the directions a bit. 3/8 a bunch of cilantro is not a really a unit of measurement.
Perfect for busy nights!
Love the dressing!
If you like the cilantro dressing from Trader Joe's the yogurt dressing in this recipe is a really good substitute!! (and I'm sure it is healthier than the TJ version) I LOVE this salad!!! I used bacon instead of lunchmeat and it was perfect
I loved this!
So easy, and at first (well, after I got over the horror of having a salad for dinner), I just thought it was good... But then I found myself craving the leftovers the next night! Will do again (and I had to google how to cook corn, haha, but so worth it!)