Chard and Cheese Frittata
with lemony garlic broccoli
Caramelized onions and cheese add body and richness to this delicious frittata - one of our favorite egg dishes for dinner! Pair it with a simple side of broccoli for a perfectly balanced dinner. This recipe was first included a meal plan in April 2016.
Lemony Garlic Broccoli:
- Garlic - 2 cloves , sliced
- Broccoli - 1 1/4 lbs , chopped
- Lemon juice - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Butter - 1 Tbsp (sub ghee for W30)
Chard and Cheese Frittata:
- Onions, medium - 1 , sliced
- Chard, any type - 1 bunch , leaves torn, stems chopped
- Eggs - 8
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Cheese, any pre-shredded blend - 8 oz
- Butter - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Onions / Garlic / Broccoli - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Chard - Chop chard, keeping leaves and stems separate. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make frittata base - Whisk eggs with milk, salt and pepper. Fold in cheese.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Heat a 8” / 20cm skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and then onions and chopped chard stems to melted butter with some salt. Saute until onions are slightly golden and caramelized, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Fold in chard leaves and saute until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in egg mixture and stir until everything is evenly distributed. Transfer to the oven and bake for 18 to 25 minutes, until a knife comes out cleanly.
- While frittata is cooking, place garlic and broccoli into a microwave-safe dish. Cover with a damp paper towel and cook for 2-1/2 to 4 minutes, until broccoli gets to desired tenderness. Toss with lemon juice and butter. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Enjoy frittata with broccoli on the side.