Shrimp a la Diabla
with red peppers / cilantro
A simple marinade gives this one-pan shrimp dish an extra infusion of flavor. We like this shrimp dish spicy, but adjust the heat to your preference.
Shrimp a la Diabla:
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 1/2 lbs
- Carrots - 8 oz , diced
- Bell peppers, red - 1 , diced
- Zucchini - 1 lb , cubed
- Lemons - 1 , wedges
- Garlic - 3 cloves , chopped
- Cilantro leaves - 2 Tbsp , chopped
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Tomatoes, crushed (15 oz / 397 g) - 1 can
- Tomatoes, diced (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can (preferably fire roasted)
- Stock, any type - 1/4 cup
- Red pepper flakes - 1/2 tsp
- Shrimp - Defrost, rinse and pat dry.
- Carrots / Bell peppers - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Zucchini / Lemons / Garlic / Cilantro - Prep as directed.
- Marinate shrimp - Combine shrimp with olive oil, paprika and garlic. Marinate until ready for cooking, 10 to 30 minutes.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat a saute pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and then zucchini, carrots and bell peppers with some salt. Saute until softened, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Next add tomatoes (both crushed and diced), stock and red pepper flakes (start with a small amount and increase if you're worried about heat). Bring to a simmer. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp with marinade and stir to combine. Cook until shrimp are pink and opaque, another 4 to 6 minutes depending on the size of the shrimp. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Divide shrimp and sauce between serving bowls with cilantro on top and lemon wedges on the side. Enjoy!