Shrimp a la Diabla
with red peppers / cilantro / tortillas
Shrimp a la Diabla:
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb
- Bell peppers, red - 1 , diced
- Zucchini - 1 lb , cubed
- Lemons - 1 , wedges
- Garlic - 3 cloves , chopped
- Cilantro leaves - 2 Tbsp , chopped
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Tomatoes, crushed (15 oz / 397 g) - 1 can
- Wine, white - 1/4 cup (sub stock)
- Red pepper flakes - 1/2 tsp
- Tortillas, taco-sized corn or flour - 8
- Heat a saute pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and then zucchini and bell peppers with some salt. Saute until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Next add tomatoes, wine and red pepper flakes (start with a small amount and increase if you're worried about heat). Bring to a simmer. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp with marinade and stir to combine. Cook until shrimp are pink and opaque, another 4 to 6 minutes depending on the size of the shrimp. Season with some salt and pepper.
- While shrimp cook, warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Divide shrimp and sauce between serving bowls with cilantro on top and lemon wedges on the side. Enjoy using tortillas to scoop up that delicious sauce!